[rescue] I'm one happy geek

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 26 01:25:08 CDT 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> Is ethernet really adequate for such devices?  I saw USB more as replacing
> PS/2, ADB, Serial, parallel, and to a lesser extent SCSI for low bandwidth
> devices.
>
> With ethernet, you'd have to buy large switches, which aren't that cheap.

Why?  What if you used exactly the same topology as with USB, using cross-
over cables?  Ethernet chipsets are better-developed, and even at only
10Mbps (which would keep costs down) it's still faster.

--
David Cantrell | david at cantrell.org.uk | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

      Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
      but that's no reason not to give it            -- Agatha Christie