[rescue] another flameware

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 23:59:04 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:46:58AM -0400, Gil Young wrote:
> Had a nice sized Best FerrUPS at a missile company that never died that I
> could recall in about 7 years of service.  This was in the lightning capital
> of the world, FWIW.

it won't get hooked up here, but once i move i will get it going.  i've got
a HUGE Best FerrUPS.  10KVA, 11 minutes runtime full load.  i can't WAIT to
get that thing hummin.

> Personal ones, I had a tripplite for my first UPS, it lasted about 1.5 years
> and died a horrible smokey death.  The next 8 years, I have had only 2
> UPS'es, the first was a APC 450 or somesuch, lasted aboout 3-4 years, the
> next was a APC 600 UPS, I still have it, but it has been giving me hints
> that it doesnt like running my PC, Imac and all the pumps on my 75G
> fishtank anymore :(.  But it still works and holds the load for about 10
> minutes.

i have a Belkin that just bought the far.  last power outage, it kept my
machines up for a whole, i don't know, half a second? :)

pulled it out, since when the power comes back on it doesn't want to restart.
dammit, now i need a new UPS.  and so close to moving, maybe i can limp for
6 months without a UPS.   *grrrrrr*

-brian