[rescue] another flameware

Gil Young rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 23:46:58 CDT 2001

Had a nice sized Best FerrUPS at a missile company that never died that I
could recall in about 7 years of service.  This was in the lightning capital
of the world, FWIW.

Personal ones, I had a tripplite for my first UPS, it lasted about 1.5 years
and died a horrible smokey death.  The next 8 years, I have had only 2
UPS'es, the first was a APC 450 or somesuch, lasted aboout 3-4 years, the
next was a APC 600 UPS, I still have it, but it has been giving me hints
that it doesnt like running my PC, Imac and all the pumps on my 75G
fishtank anymore :(.  But it still works and holds the load for about 10
minutes.

Gil Young
Call Sign: KG4KVX
"No, I didn't. Honest. I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have
enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners.
 An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car.
There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locust's. It wasn't my fault!!"