[rescue] Xyplex MaxSever

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 23:21:01 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:54:17PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Yeah, but it boots its OS off a tftp/bootp server, no?

ah, see, all the ones i've ever seen/worked with had the flash cards. :)

> There *are* such tools for windowws (I used a bootp server to set the
> IP address of my Cisco switch so I could telnet into it without a
> serial console), but they're not exactly user-friendly to those who
> arent familiar with them.

and depending what you are using it for, it doesn't do you much good if you
can't connect to the console of your tftp server since your terminal server
can't boot since the tftp server is down.  hmmm, catch-22.  however, the
chances of this being a probem if windows is your tftp server is overshadowed
by all the OTHER problems windows has.  that and i seriously doubt windows is
real useful over the serial port. :)

-brian