[rescue] Xyplex MaxSever

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 20:54:17 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 09:43:54PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:41:01PM -0400, Fred wrote:
> > I bought a Xyplex MAXSever 1600 off Ebay too, however I am wonder if
> > there is any software/images for Windows platform, I don't have a unix
> > box  =)  So can't run the software for unix.
> uhm, there isn't windows or unix software for this thing.  it runs it's own
> OS, you connect to it via ethernet (TCP/IP)

Yeah, but it boots its OS off a tftp/bootp server, no?

There *are* such tools for windowws (I used a bootp server to set the
IP address of my Cisco switch so I could telnet into it without a
serial console), but they're not exactly user-friendly to those who
arent familiar with them.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford