[rescue] Another fine business decision for us axp-lovers

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 23:11:53 CDT 2001

That's kinda like the 386sx.  32bit internals, 16bit bus.  Or, like the
8088.  16bit internals on an 8 bit bus.

However, to further confuse things, the m68k used 24bit adressing.

Personally, I think the m68k was why the Genesis managed to outlast the
SNES, despite the SNES having better graphics hardware.  When it came down
to it, the Genesis could push more sprites resulting in more visually
complex games like Particle Man despite the SNES being "better".

The M68k line is one of my favorites, right next to the Mips r3k and r4k.
Despite that, I don't have any functioning machines using any of those
three CPUs.  I own a 020 machine and an r3k but have yet to get them
going.  Sigh.  Just got some new parts that might help.

--
Joshua Boyd