[rescue] The end of alpha

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 16:16:53 CDT 2001

On June 25, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> >   Motorola does a LOT more than sell processors, though.
>
> IRIDIUM, for instance.  And crappy cell phones.

  *sigh*

  Howbout about a zillion other chips, including big-balls processors
that dominate the ENTIRE high-end embedded market?  Howbout a zillion
other chips that have nothing to do with mainstream BiggaHertz(tm)
desktop crap?  Howbout still another zillion chips that aren't even
digital?  And that's ignoring all the component-level stuff they make
that aren't even ICs.

  My Motorola cell phone is indestructible.  But THAT'S just an opinion.

  Sheesh, Patrick.

       -Dave McGuire