[rescue] The end of alpha

James Sharp rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 13:50:56 CDT 2001

> > Or, is it an Anti-AMD move? They did license the EV6 bus stuff for the
> > athlon...
>
>   Not sure what you mean here...expand on this?

part of the Athlon's internal bus architecure is based off the Alpha's
internal bus architecture.  AMD licensed it from DEC.   It makes the
Athlons and Thunderbird chips scream.

Thats why, when I'm forced to use an x86 based solution, I go with AMD
chips.  Clock cycle for clock cycle, dollar for dollar, and instruction
for instruction, AMD chips blow Intel chips out of the water.