[rescue] Another fine business decision for us axp-lovers

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 12:08:07 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 12:57:25PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   ...because, after all...every Alpha out there in computer rooms all
> over the world will STOP WORKING now.  Isn't it neat how that works?

No, but future upgrade plans arent going to be as bright and rosy as
they once were.  I'm glad that we didnt just make the big purchase
of Alpha machines that we were debating...

However, what will be interesting is the systems the Govt. bought/buys -
dont they require 20-year support plans?  DecPaq will end up supporting
the EV45 and EV7 stuff for a while after its no longer a current
product. 8-)

>   I think I'm going to take up veterinary medicine.  This industry is
> shot.

I'd prefer being an NT admin to shoving my hand up a cow's ass.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net