[rescue] This is starting to bug me: *Cheques*

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 07:51:44 CDT 2001

Time for a remix of the Fat Boy Slim song.  Instead of "Retox the Freak in
me", we need "Recharge the Geek in me".  Then we would never have to give
up fighting with XFree builds just because we need to sleep before work
the next morning.

And speaking of builds, but is it just me, or is it bad manors for make
install to start trying to build files locally.  I don't have enough disk
space locally to build some things (say XFree 4, which after doing make
world took 700 megs), so I place them on an NFS server.  Then I try to
make install, and some of these things try and write files to the build
directory, which is of course a nono since I left on ROOT_SQUASH like a
good NFS idiot.

So, now what.  Am I supposed to go and make all the relevent directories
user writable?

--
Joshua Boyd