[rescue] I'm one happy geek

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 00:56:03 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 12:46:28AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I have a HP ScanJet 3400C, which works great for normal stuff, and costs
> $99 or so.  however, it just wasnt good enough (and had no transparency

i'm not looking for crazy scanning, just something that will allow me to scan
in these docs.  speaking of which, what is my best bet on doing PDF/OCR kinda
stuff on my sun box?

> adapter available) for scanning slides and negatives at 2400dpi, so I've
> now got a ScanJet 7450C as well, which *KICKS ASS* - but its $700 versus the
> $99...

i wish i had $700 to blow on a scanner.  maybe next year.

> For normal use tho, the 3400 is great.

i'll keep that in mind if my dad doesn't still have his old greyscale one.

thanks!!

-brian