[rescue] I'm one happy geek

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 00:46:28 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 09:19:38PM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> Brand new USB scanners are pretty cheap (>$100).  If that is too expensive
> for you, or you want a better scanner, good scsi scanners can be had for
> decent prices on ebay.  In my experience, parallel should be avoided at
> all costs.

I have a HP ScanJet 3400C, which works great for normal stuff, and costs
$99 or so.  however, it just wasnt good enough (and had no transparency
adapter available) for scanning slides and negatives at 2400dpi, so I've
now got a ScanJet 7450C as well, which *KICKS ASS* - but its $700 versus the
$99...

For normal use tho, the 3400 is great.

Bill

--