[rescue] Bootup archive? Re: I'm one happy geek

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 23 23:20:14 CDT 2001

Hmmm. Anyone know if there is a boot-time message archive anywhere?

If not, Bill, wanna host it? (Not meaning to volunteer you, as I'm willing
to host it if people want to send it to me, but it might fit in on one of
your domains just as well)

It would be cool to have boot-time logs from various and sundry OSes. The
Commodore 64 boot screen is apparently particularly common out there, but
it would be cool to see some RSX/RT/RSTS/VMS and other older OSes.

I still remember when they'd reboot our RSTS/E-based PDP-11/44, the line
printer would report "RSTS/E is now on the air" or something of the sort.
Wonder if I still have that message on a printout somewhere.

--Rob (whose autoexec.bat on an XT used to imitate a RSTS login)