[rescue] 670MP windfall in the surplus diving frenzy today.....

P.A.Osborne rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 22 04:05:42 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 12:47:19PM -0400, Gil Young wrote:
> My dream is to have a computer that _IS_ a dining room table.  I think some
> 1/3 height Vaxen cases down the center with a big glass top would do...

hehehehe

I once had an NCR PC XT clone,  that had a built in green screen and so
was erm somewhat large and needed to people to use.   For a while we did
use it as a corner table - mainly as there was nowhere else to put it.

I did eventually concede that the machine was next to useless and maybe
a sensible unit would be more appropriate so it went to the skip.

> I had a opportunity to get two matching 4 CPU 486 rolling mini-tower type
> units once, they would have been perfect end tables in the living room.  If
> i gutted them we would have a little fromt opening cabinet thingy going on,
> BUT NOOOOOO, wifey had to veto it ....  I am thinking next I should pitch
> them as "cool pool/patio furniture" and see how that goes...

Hmmmm the wifey.  My wifey to be is fairly tolerant as long as most of the
"rubbish is not publicly visible "  is the phrase she uses.

Paul