[rescue] Outlook clients, BNC cables (was Re: spousal units)

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 22 01:23:24 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 11:14:29PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:

> There is, and I cringe to type it, Outlook Express for Solaris. It's
> included in IE5, as I recall. I'm lucky... we have IMAP and POP on our

OE doesn't help people who need to talk to sexchange.  it gives you the email,
but that usually isn't the problem, it's all the other cruft that causes one
to need Outlook, although at least you will be able to read mail if IMAP is
shut off.

> exchange server, so I can use pine. Might try Netscape if I can get
> freeswan running under redhat 7.1. Or maybe VNC over the VPN to work....
> Hmmm.

if you have IMAP give mutt a try.  i like mutt a lot, you can make it look like
any other text/terminal mail program, and the IMAP support is very solid. i
use it to talk to my sparc2 that runs an IMAP server.

cheers,

-brian