[rescue] Outlook clients, BNC cables (was Re: spousal units)

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 22 01:14:29 CDT 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 ward at zilla.nu wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:26:17PM -0700, Brian Dunbar wrote:
>
> > There is an outfit in town called Bynari http://www.bynari.net/ that *seems*
> > to have an answer - a Unix client that replaces Outlook.  I think that's
>
> I've attempted to use.  Very poor quality product, unfortunately.  It
> only recently could do MAPI without a dedicated proxy process running on
> an exchange server, and even now it's far from what I'd be willing to
> push out to users.

There is, and I cringe to type it, Outlook Express for Solaris. It's
included in IE5, as I recall. I'm lucky... we have IMAP and POP on our
exchange server, so I can use pine. Might try Netscape if I can get
freeswan running under redhat 7.1. Or maybe VNC over the VPN to work....
Hmmm.

Anyone need BNC cables? I have some spares (okay, a bigarse box of them).
Can get more details if you want, but they're a various assortment and
would be happy to pose for a digicam in the morning.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows