[rescue] spousal units

Chris Petersen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 13:35:40 CDT 2001

Heh.

Works best when you pull and your good friend pushes (or in my case, reverse
that for going down stairs).  Almost killed a good friend that way - anybody
ever seen one of those IBM huge enclosed 19" off-white racks AS/400 gear
used to come in?  They were going to through out one at work, but I stepped
into claim it.  Then us testosterone-laden rescue geeks decided the best
place for it was in the basement at the house I was renting.  Needless to
say, these things weigh a ton and it almost got a way from me as friend was
tugging the bottom of the thing down the stairs while I held on for dear
life at the top to make sure he didn't get flattened :)

When we moved, the rack got drug up the stairs with 4 people and a
come-along...

Funny thing is, I've never used that rack yet - too big and bulky for my
use.  It's got a 220 built-in PDU with 6 or 8 outputs, and must be a good 4
foot deep.  Sitting in my garage at the current place - nobody wanted to
volunteer to get it downstairs :)

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer, Industry Services, Unigraphics Solutions Inc.
Email: havoc at apk.net