[rescue] "New" SPARCserver 20

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 08:24:17 CDT 2001

Yeah well, a Sun is nice hardware, and this machine is a PC, which was
home built, and while it is supposed to have a good motherboard (Tyan), it
has always had some minor problems.  For instance, I had to buy a PCI
soundcard (I tried 3 different ISA ones, all worked the same) to keep the
thing from crashing within five minutes of bootup, regardless of OS
booted into.  If I try and use this machines floppy (under any OS), it is
another sure fire way to crash.

Ocasionally X locks up.  Here, I haven't ever taken the time to confirm
whether it was just X or the whole machine.  But, this isn't even a weekly
occurence.

Since putting in the PCI soundcard, I've never had the machine crash
without it being under load though.

I didn't take the time to check /var/log/messages last night since I was
in a hurry to leave for a nightclub.

--
Joshua Boyd