[rescue] 670MP windfall in the surplus diving frenzy today.....

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 20 15:01:19 CDT 2001

OK, with some trepidation, I lugs meself away a sort of 670MP box,
today, from the surplus feeding frenzy diving pit.

It appears to have a Ross CYM6002K addin board of some kind (6 hat
chips on it plus two surface mount chips), and is full of 501-1739
ram sticks.  No cabling was present.  One drive is left, and a slow
single-speed cdrom (full height) is present (will this work on my
older 3/xxx machines?).

1.  What speed/rating is this cpu?

2.  What is the Ross thingie, and is it good for much?

3.  What cable is needed to hook back up into the internal box
    drive cabling system (I am assuming a small HD50 cable of
    some sort.

4.  What SunOS levels will run on it, although I will probably load
    up NetBSD if possible.

Anything else strange I need to know about this thing before
attempting to smoke check its innards?

Thanks

Bob