[rescue] WTB: SGI

Mike Meredith rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 20 14:12:22 CDT 2001

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 12:35, you wrote:
> > So now gotta figure out what it can do, it seems pretty fast.
>
> Impact graphics is nice. You can expand it with TRAM to get hardware
> texture capabilities (High Impact) and later pop in another board

Are you sure you can upgrade a SolidIMPACT with TRAM's to get texture
support ? I've never seen anything that implies this and it would be an
interesting upgrade for one of my SI's.

> If you're lucky you can get 100mpbs networking with a 'Phobos' card,
> a 3Com Fast Etherlink EISA with special PROMs (although a bit

If you're even luckier you'll find the recipe that makes the Phobos
driver work with a standard 3com (but I've only ever heard rumours of
this).