[rescue] "New" SPARCserver 20

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 10:20:42 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 11:06:09AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Are they still in business? Be sure and get a good feel for thier long-term
> viability... I think they are living on borrowed money (Bertelsmann?)...

my job requirements have gone downhill lately.  if they can keep me employed
for at least the next six months (at which point i'll be moving to the greater
philly area) then i consider it a win.  if they can keep me employed for longer
than that, then double bonus.  i used to work with a lot of ex-CDNOW people at
half.com and they all liked the place, they were just the fickle startup people
who got bored of their jobs after a year.

sure, CDNOW isn't doing all that great, but laid off twice in as many months
so far this year, why blow my record by working for a stable company. :)

> That said, good luck!

thanks, and i do hope i get it.  it seems like it would be a cool job.  higher
up in the food chain this time, not so sure how i'm gonna like that, but we'll
just have to wait and see.

cheers,

-brian