[rescue] WTB: SGI

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 08:23:59 CDT 2001

I just read that paper.  I had a question.  A two TE machine has nearly a
gigaflop of transformation power.  So, does this mean that a G4 can
transform more geometry in software than an Impact can in hardware?
Further, since a well written rasterizer doesn't do a lot of over draw
(think Quake, which rarely draws a pixel more than once), that means that
the ideal rasterizer scales linearly with CPU speed. =20

Time to get out the quake benchmarks ;)

--
Joshua Boyd