[rescue] HD recommendations

Zach Malone rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jun 17 03:33:21 CDT 2001

Oh come on,
    With SCSI, you have to go Seagate, they almost always have the fastest
drives on the market the most rapidly (They were the first with 7200, 10000,
and 15000 rpm drives as I recall), and I have never had one fail.  I agree,
go IBM for IDE, look for the 60GXPs, they use 20gb platters as opposed to
the 15gb of the 75GXPs, and as I understand it, they are slightly faster.
If you do get 75GXPs, avoid the 45gb model, I have heard that there were a
bunch of problems with it.
    Zach