[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 11:45:52 CDT 2001

On June 15, linc wrote:
> > Don't forget, Linux's idea of a "supported machine" is one that gets
> > almost to multiuser about 50% of the time.
>
> What a crock.  I have Linux boxen that are more stable than any other OS
> with the exception of NetBSD.  The biggest problem with Linux is that
> *most* people run it on an intel platform which sucks to begin with.  You
> put it on something stable liek a Sparc, and it's great.
> Now in the past Linux had some problems, but for sure it has come a LONG
> way and it's growing faster than *any* other unix like os anywhere.  All
> this ranting about Linux being bad is like complaining about tires when
> the last one you used was in the stone age and carved out of a rock.  Grab
> a recent version/distro and try it - you might be pleasently
> suprised.

  *sigh*.

  LINC!!  Relax.  Both James and I run Linux on at least one or two of
our machines.  We like it.  Pipe down and put the LinuxTribesman
spears away.  What James was referring to was writing half of the
support for a new architecture (VAX, for example) and then calling it
"done".

  This type of knee-jerk business is what gives the linux crowd a bad
name.  The only entity that's out to kill or hurt Linux is Microsoft.
Direct your anger at them.

  By the way...I've got dozens of AUI fanout boxes here.  Feel free to
come down and get them.  I can also hook you up with some of the MMJ
cables you've been needing for a while.  And maybe some more
DECstations.  And maybe another VAX.  And maybe...

         -Dave McGuire