[rescue] Classic/LX Memory.

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 09:23:03 CDT 2001

Actually, all Classic/LX boxes can (in my experience)
run 32MB FPM parity SIMMs in the first two slots and
then up to 16MB SIMMs in the other four slots for 128MB
total.  I've never had the chance to try 32MB SIMMs in
the "second pair" of slots, but I've been told that
that combo doesn't work.

My LX at home currently has 96MB (2 32MB and 2 16MB)
regular FPM 36-bit parity SIMMs from eBay, and has been
running fine with variations on that theme for months.

--
Rip Loomis
Brainbench MVP for Internet Security