[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 01:15:03 CDT 2001

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Will Jennings wrote:

> Exactly right about the weather predictions. All of the Cray manuals I have
> came from a guy I know who worked at NCAR for 30 years (National Center for
> Atmospheric Research). He gave me a VAXStation 3100, MicroVAX 3100, and a DG
> Nova 1210, and I noticed he had a trailer with a bunch of stuff on it.. and
> then I saw some silver binders.. and I looked at em.. and lo! they said
> "Cray Research, Inc." Further inspection found the manuals. So I asked him
> about it, and he said he was about to take it all to the dump, but if I
> wanted anything it was mine. He said he'd already pitched his Cyber manuals,
> 7600 manuals, and 6600 manuals.

Friend of mine has a `Cray, Research Machine Inc' plate on his dual-P800
Linux Console box.... Legend has it, he was origianlly offered a whole
Cray (bits of?) but didn't have three-phase power, or any place to put it,
so just took the badge off it instead!

Any, the plague is genuine, and something to die for.
Paul