[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Matthew SAMS rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 16:16:27 CDT 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu>:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

>> I told Amy once, "I'd even admin NT for 150K a year".
>> Its all about the benjamins, baby.

> From what I've seen, that is a good way to hit an early burn out.  I'd
> much rather do something I enjoy for $50k than something I hate for
> $150k.

I'll support InterMail for cold hard cash. And lots of it.

I remember when I felt this way. Then one day my salary doubled.
My wallet went *wow* and I haven't looked back.

I would suggest that most people burn out due to workload and
circumstances outside their domain (eg senior management).
Neither of those factors are related to salary. People get paid
for what they know, how they solve problems, and how well they
play with the other children. Ensuring salespeople don't look
like asses is also a well-paid skill. I've never seen people get
paid for working really long hours.

-Matthew

--
No longer looking for NeXT software and Solbourne OS/MP 4.1C.
Also no longer looking for Sun 4/330 3u memory boards and