[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 08:23:33 CDT 2001

I thought that both of those OSs had memory protection.  NT just sabotages
it's memory protection by giving DLLs too much influence (one program
crashs, and it can leave it's DLLs corrupted, and anything that calls
those DLLs is now open to corruption by said DLLs.

Now, 95 is another story.  It also pretends to have memory protection, but
all addresses between 2 and 3 gigs are unprotected.  And between 2 and 3
gigs is where most DLLs run.  For a citation, I got this from Windows
System Journal, some issue that came out between January 2000, and say
July 2000.

--
Joshua Boyd