[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 21:20:11 CDT 2001

Could be.  For me, I have a hard time keep power running well enough to my
machines.  Longest uptime I had was 6 months, then power outage.
Recently, I got 3 months, then a circuit blew.  If an NT server is
incapable of 2 years, most places locally wouldn't notice unless they had
backup generators installed.

I remeber one place I worked had a minicomputer.  When a black out
hit one day running a process that would really screw things up if it
failed, the sysadmin spent an hour trying to keep the mini up doing silly
things with chained UPSs.

--
Joshua Boyd