[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 21:11:07 CDT 2001

That is because businesses and consumers have different goals.  Most
people I know want to buy a computer and pay for it once.  It probably
will never be upgraded.  When it needs upgraded, they hand it down to
little sibling with lesser needs, or hand it off to a friend with lesser
needs.

So, having to pay anually for software (especially if they are asking for
anything close to $100 a year) would really piss most of my friends off.

Course, that could be a big thing.  Major encouragement to consider
switching to linux, even if it is harder to use.

Businesses on the other hand want real support.  Many of them already are
paying MS rent, so the proposed changes aren't really changes.

--
Joshua Boyd