[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 16:08:28 CDT 2001

Aren't the zSeries machines even more tightly controlled that the Crays?
I heard one place (old Byte maybe) that you can't buy an IBM mainframe,
you can only rent them.  I've also heard that every IBM mainframe
installed has a dedicated phone line connected back to the nearest IBM
center.

Anyway, that's what I've heard.  Can't really confirm it though.  One of
those puppies would be kinda fun to have.

--
Joshua Boyd