[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Les rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 14:26:42 CDT 2001

A  _LOT_  of companies could not care less what O/S or hardware
or anything else. As Mr. Fogg stated so well, what companies buy
is "application and function".
They often buy it as a package from a vendor.
Often a vendor who knows that "ALL customers have some IBM
stuff so we'll put ours on IBM" - that makes the vendor more
credible.
Most people on this list know how little influence IT has when
the suits at the top have made a decision.
Might as well try to hold back an avalanche.
(Sometimes they even pacify you by pretending to listen to you)
Unless you work for different companies that I have & I've been
doing this stuff for longer than I care to admit.

Les