[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 13:32:50 CDT 2001

On June 13, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> What exactly is this "prime time" anyway?  Linux (and *bsd) are obviously
> being used sucessfully in very high profile bet the company systems, so
> what more is needed for "prime time"?

  "Prime time" is simply defined: my former coworkers and I didn't give
it a second thought when we were deploying hundreds of console-less
zero-babysitting Sparc5 machines running NetBSD onto other peoples'
networks as satellite downlink controllers.  The hardware and the
software Just Works...no bullshit.  That's how *I* define "ready for
prime time".

  Much as I like Linux, if my paycheck depended on it, I'd never use it
in an application like that.

             -Dave McGuire