[rescue] Cray J90s

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 09:13:55 CDT 2001

> This is pretty much the norm at the high end.  Just try getting an E10k
> without a service contract and a Sun SE permanently attached to it.  I
> know of only one complete one in the world that Sun doesn't have their
> paws on one way or another, and that's a fluke.

You know, it's funny, Mike N and I were talking about this just the other
evening.  I was looking at one at work and was amazed at the degree to which
Sun keeps their fingers embedded in the deal...
We were talking about the idea of ordering the spare parts and building one
from spares as a way to get one "in the unencumbered state".

George