[rescue] Re: Ham license question...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 7 23:14:43 CDT 2001

Unfortunately, one factor that lead to the "destruction"
of ham radio was ignored by almost everyone.....at the
same time as incentive licensing occured, CB radio
became very popular and siphoned off all of the youth
that would have gone into ham radio.  Buy the radio,
throw out the license application and talk.  The FCC
even gave up on the mess and dropped the license
requirement.  The more modern damage is the internet.