[rescue] Ham license question...

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 6 11:27:29 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 11:57:29AM -0400, Kevin Loch wrote:
> Of course in two years the code requirement will go away (like it or
> not) so
> they will probably hold off on any further restructuring until then.

Actually the worldwide radio organization will adopt a resolution that
it suggests that morse, or at least no more than 5wpm, not be required to
have an amateur radio license - but this will not necessisarily change
the US rules/regulations.  I highly doubt that the code requirement
(5wpm) for General and/or Extra will go away.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net