[rescue] Ham license question...

Kevin Loch rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 6 10:57:29 CDT 2001

As someone who was a pre-nocode tech, and recently upgraded to Extra, I
can tell
you that all of the tests are easy.  The tests do give a reasonable
assurance that any new Ham has an understanding and appreciation for the
rules and spirit of ham radio.

Actually, I would like to see the Technician test have a bit more depth.
Perhaps they should roll the General written material into the Tech
test and simply have the 5wpm code to upgrade to General.

Of course in two years the code requirement will go away (like it or
not) so
they will probably hold off on any further restructuring until then.

I highly recommend QRZ.com's online practice tests.  Buy the book, read
the
book, take the practice tests online until you pass every time.

KL