[rescue] Re: [SunRescue] Catalyst 2100 switch

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 5 20:58:49 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 07:56:19PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Hrm, now I gotta figure out how to get past the console
> password:
> Catalyst 2100 Management Console
> Copyright (c) Cisco Systems, Inc.  1993-1996
> All rights reserved.
> 1 user(s) now active on Management Console.
> Enter password:

Cisco TAC *KICKS ASS*.  I just called them up, even though I didnt
have a support contract.  Talked to someone in Sydney, Australia to
open the case, and 10 minutes later, a guy calls me back with the
override password for this switch.  I'm upgrading the firmware now.

Once again, there's a reason Cisco *owns* the router market. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net