[rescue] Re: [SunRescue] Catalyst 2100 switch

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 5 19:56:19 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 06:08:10PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I had the wrong cable; this particular switch wants a
> straight-thru when connected to something like a PC's
> serial port.

Hrm, now I gotta figure out how to get past the console
password:

Catalyst 2100 Management Console
Copyright (c) Cisco Systems, Inc.  1993-1996
All rights reserved.

1 user(s) now active on Management Console.

Enter password:

Turns out it wanted a db9 straight-thru cable with a nullmodem
adapter on the end - but a db9/db25 "hydra" laplink nullmodem
cable didnt work at all.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford