[SunRescue] OT: AS/400 stuff

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 5 17:15:45 CDT 2001

Why send one to a Byte columnist? Your answer was in the first paragraph of
the column:

    "things were facilitated by a friend who is an IBM executive high up in
the internal food chain."

There are things people inside of IBM do, and there are things IBM does.
Most of what you are describing is the work of individuals, not the
corporation. Thing John "maddog" Hall at DEC...

Ken