[SunRescue] Aviion (was)OBP coolness

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 1 09:20:09 CDT 2001

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, James Fogg wrote:

> > Last, what is the aviion?

> Data General Aviion (first of the wave of new unix machines to be made by
> somebody other than sun/hp/ibm/sgi, first non aos/vs machine for DG. Even
> Digital got on the unix bandwagon after that.

> This question brings a tear to me eyes. I grew up with DG (my brother (God
> rest his soul) wrote their O/S's for them). I miss them. I guess if people
> on a rescue list have to ask what the Aviion is, then DG must really be gone.

Okay.  I have to ask now... and I dread asking it.  Was your brother
Bob Fogg?  I dread because I knew him growing up, and I'm sorry to hear
he is no longer with us.

I grew up in Westboro, MA and did a stint in the branch of the explorer
scouts that DG ran at their education center.  I learned a LOT from Bob,
and really got an appreciation for the big systems with my experience
there with AOS/VS....

--Kurt