[SunRescue] SGI: Irix 5.3 disk

flinters rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 31 16:18:19 CST 2001

Okay, so I did something silly and picked up an SGI Personal Iris
(4D/25).  It looks like I may end up with another four of the beasties
this spring, so I might as well figure out how to get them back amongst
the living.  What I do not have is a CD-ROM, though I might figure that
out as well with an external unit that's 512 compatible.  That's done.

The Irix 5.3 OS needs to be installed next.  It has something on board
now, but it's trashed and you can't even boot to a single user without
problems.  It's an ex-NASA machine and who knows what was on there.  I'd
like to purge it all and start over though.  Sooooo, what I need is to
find a source for a Irix 5.3 OS CD install set.  Suggestions whom I can
bribe- er, ask for such tidbits?

-Vegaman Dan

* Flinthoof Ponypal                                                 *
* Vegaman Dan                                                       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com            Ponypics!                   *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/spitfire   1968 Triumph Spitfire       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/roomies    Roomies! online comic strip *