[SunRescue] IPSec and HW crypto acceleration

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 31 10:17:08 CST 2001

This is something I'm curious about.  Sparcs aren't known for their
blazing performance on crypto algorithms.  I know the PCI based
machines have a crypto accelerator available for this very reason...

Are there any accelerators out there that work with the SBUS machines?
Ideally SBus, but I suppose SCSI connected or something else would be
good...

I just started thinking about it because a friend and I were discussing
setting up a VPN between our OpenBSD firewalls, and my IPC probably
would make sneakernet seem like a viable option =)

--Kurt