[SunRescue] Solaris 2.5.1

Cyrus M. Reed rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 30 20:36:45 CST 2001

I have Wabi running on 2.5.1 on a Sparc 10.  It will run Win16 (aka Win
3.1) binaries, but NOT Win32 stuff (like Win95 apps).  You will need a set
of Windows 3.1 or 3.11 disks to set it up as well.  It does work well for
what it was designed for, but isn't totally useful unless you have some
Win3.x app you really want to run.  You probably want the patches for
2.5.1 as well.  Unfortuantely those broke my other emulator environment,
MAE 2.0. :(  I tried to get the patches from Apple to fix it (it's a known
problem), however they are now nonexistent except for the occasional web
reference.  I even e-mailed the Apple web support.  But I digress...

-Cyrus