[SunRescue] MX records in BIND

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 30 07:18:08 CST 2001

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 12:38:09PM +0000, Dan Lane wrote:
> ... and while we are off topic... wildcard DNS is a Bad Thing(tm)
> http://www.this.really.shouldnt.resolve.logicbomb.net/
> and as for the mail problems it causes... ARGH!

Bad for mail problems, yes, but really useful for when you have a lot
of not-that-heavily-hit name-based virtual web sites, and dont want to
have to go add something to DNS every time you want to play with a new
vhost...

nslookup <whatever>.sunhelp.org. 8-)

(all the vsites I have that get a decent amount of hits *are* in DNS
 properly, so that they'll get cached down the line..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net