[SunRescue] Re: ALMS

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 27 19:48:05 CST 2001

The problem with supersellers is most certainly *not* idiot customers. By
that logic, every seller on ebay would have dozens and dozens of negative
feedback entries, which is not the case, in fact it's the opposite - most
sellers have good records.

You want some proof of this shmuck's incompetence? go look at the item I
bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1202476981&r=0&t=0&sh
owTutorial=0&ed=977201887&indexURL=0&rd=1

(that probably wrapped, so be sure to 'reassemble' it).

Every one of this assbite's auctions states, very clearly: "Order ship
within 24 hours".

Which is a lie. The auction in question started Dec 15, ended Dec 18. I paid
via PayPal within *one hour* of the close of auction, a Monday night. When a
few days passed with no update on his outsourced site for status, I emailed.
I emailed again. I emailed yet again. No response. Then I called the
'business' number, which just has a recording telling you to email him. I
called his home finally after tracking him down via 411. "oh, well uh its
been busy, and it's 24 hours after payment". i explained that i paid two
days before, he mumbled something, and said he'd ship it 'tomorrow'. two
days later, he files the *Manifest* for delivery with UPS - an excellent
shyster trick, electronically filing the manifest puts the tracking number
into UPS's system, so it says "Manifest pickup" when you check, but no
shipping has actually taken place!

*He did not physically deliver the merchandise to UPS until TEN DAYS after
filing the manifest*. Since I live only about a hundred miles from him, I
got it the next day after that via UPS ground. Had this sleezebag actually
"shipped within 24 hours", I'd have had my merchandise two weeks earlier.

If he were _honest_, or at least not incompetent, he'd have taken the time -
when things started 'getting busy' due to the holidays - to update his
little auction pages to say that order ship within two days, or three, or a
week. But that would 'hurt business'. So he lies. And here's how he
responded to my unemotional, factual feedback:

   Complaint: 'Orders ship w/in 24hrs' - package went to UPS *10days* aftr
   pmnt rec'd! AVOID.

   Response: Business exploded during December. Contact us next year for
   job! Happy Chanukah!

No, that's not a witty comeback, that's just a first-class jerk.

Read some of the other complaints. Fraud complaints filed, repeatedly. A
person has to work *hard* at dissatisfying customers to have that many
complaints about them.

I hope he goes out of business. Then he can try earning an honest living
working at the local Dairy Queen.

Paul Theodoropoulos
paul at anastrophe.net
Senior Unix Systems Administrator