[SunRescue] Wow.

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 27 19:44:09 CST 2001

I finally found a copy of 'True Names . . and Other Dangers' by
Vernor Vinge, after searching for YEARS (since 1993) for a copy.
I ran across it at the local Half-Price Books one day (I go to
the V (Vinge) section every time I"m there, just to see if they
might have one.. and after doing this 2-3 times a week for 2
years.. bingo!)

I looked the book up on Yahoo! auctions.  Found three of them.
$50, $80, and $100.  Yow.  Is this thing REALLY in that high
of a demand?  I know they've been talking about reprinting it
for a few years now, and it keeps getting put back, and put
back..  but can a paperback really be worth $50?  jeez...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net