[SunRescue] Given an orphan IPX with sunpc card... now what?

Ron Rosson rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 26 10:17:27 CST 2001

* BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak (bobkeys at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu) [010126 08:10]:

> > I am glad I am not the only BSD fanatic in here as well.  ;-)
>
> Most definitely.  I run everything from 4.3BSD through current
> Free/Net/OpenBSD's, but on sunstuff have to give the nod to OpenBSD.
> It always just works out of the box, just fine, and runs better
> than Slowlaris.

Currently the only SPARC I own is an Ultra 1 and it is running Solaris
2.8. I needd to familiarize myself with it. Other than that I run
FreeBSD STABLE tree for servers and workstations but use OpenBSD for all
my Firewall/NAT/Bridge needs. Currently my Transparent bridging Firewall
running OpenBSD is on an Intel box. I am waiting and watching on getting
my hands on a orphan box with 2 nics in it to replace it. I am in no
hurry because it is running just fine but the small SUN's sitting over
in the corner takes less of a foot print than an Intel does.

Ron
Ron Rosson          			      ... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 			      rm -rf *
insane at oneinsane.net     	            and all was /dev/null and *void()