[SunRescue] "emulate3buttons" on Solaris?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 26 00:55:06 CST 2001

Anybody know how to make Solaris/SPARC do the equivalent of "emulate3buttons"
under Xfree86?

Reason:  I've got two computers here, an AMD-based Windows system, and a
Ultra 60.  I've got them connected to the dual inputs of a 21" Sun multisync
monitor.  I've got the Ultra60 connected to one of the Sun PS/2 keyboard/mouse
adapters.

The PS/2 keyboard and mouse connections on the U60 (through the box) and
the Winbox are connected to a PS2 KVM switch (using on the KM parts).

I can switch the monitor between systems with the switch on the front, and
switch the KB/Mouse between systems with the switchbox.  However, my
current favorite pointing device is a 2-button (with wheel, ick) Microsoft
optical mouse - which only has 2 buttons.  I'd like to be able to emulate
the middle button on a 3-button mouse somehow, as it comes in handy when
doing cut/paste under Solaris/*nix.  I'd like to be able to use the MS
mouse, and not have to go back to the Logitech Trackman Marble FX that
I was using about a month ago (altho it IS better than nothing at all).

Any suggestions?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford