[SunRescue] Max. Size Hard Disk Installable in SparcStorage A rray

P Nutton rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 22 10:59:43 CST 2001

ed pate wrote...

> If in doubt about the model, run `ssaadm <controller-number> display`,
> that will tell you explicitly what model, what firmware, and what drives
> are installed.
>
> I've never worked with the model 100, but I've got three 110's here.
> According to SUN, they only support up to 6GB drives (don't know if that
> was a shipped config or not).  I'm running two of them with 12 - 9GB and
> 18 - 4.2GB drives each, we've had no problems with them in this config.
> The one caveat on that is that they are in a very good datacenter (nice
> and cool, with good airflow).
>
> Ed

I am running some 9Gb drives in a SparcStorage Array 100 model, which
shipped with 1Gb drives (it is so old, it doesn't have the nvram battery).
The Fujitsu and IBM work fine, the Seagate insist on dropping from 8.4 Gb to
8 Gb if the power is lost to the bay. This seems to be a one-way process,
bit of a shame when they are part of a RAID group. I have found no way of
returning them to the full 8.4 Gb. NB 8 Gb seems to be the default delivery
config for the same disk when supplied for a PC.
--
Paul Nutton, AWE plc, naff company disclaimer to follow....

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.